Sunday, August 29, 2010

Doughnut burger, fried butter, new foods at state fairs - USATODAY.com

Man, I like junk food as much as the next guy, but FRIED BUTTER?  This is an amusing offbeat story from USA Today.  See if your local fair is “up to date” in culinary delights.  I’ll stick to elephant ears, scones, onion burgers…

I guess those don’t exactly represent a healthier alternative, do they?  But really, fried butter?!?!?!

Picture of Paula's Fried Butter Balls RecipeOkay, it’s really frozen cubes (not the whole stick) of butter, fried in funnel cake batter and topped off with sugar and cinnamon. Still, imagine biting into a funnel cake with half a mouthful of melted butter inside…

Doughnut burger, fried butter, new foods at state fairs - USATODAY.com

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Sunshine on Discovery Bay

Sunshine on Discovery Bay
As always, the photos we use are either my own, or in the public domain. Please let me know if there are any errors and I'll correct them immediately.