Sunday, September 06, 2009

Paintballs work too…

We live on a street that although it is in a quiet residential neighborhood, is marginally wider than the streets nearby.  A lot of kids play alongside the street, and it is probably the busiest strolling and jogging street in the neighborhood.  It is also seen as a sort of main street, and as a result it is not uncommon to see people driving by at well over the speed limit, and well above a speed that would allow them to react to a kid or a jogger around a corner or unseen behind a parked car.  These are maddening enough to residents, but occasionally you’ll see (and hear) a driver go by at a truly ignorant and dangerous speed.  I have said more than once that I ought to get a paint ball gun, fill the projectiles with chicken manure, and express myself concerning these drivers speeds (I may, or may not have once expressed myself with a tennis ball and been encouraged by my dear spouse not to continue this form of expression).  So, I was amused to see this photo (Copyright 2009 Capitol Broadcasting Company) of one neighborhood’s response to a similar problem:

No comments:

Sunshine on Discovery Bay

Sunshine on Discovery Bay
As always, the photos we use are either my own, or in the public domain. Please let me know if there are any errors and I'll correct them immediately.